Our desire is to gather university students and young adults around Jesus Christ in the local church to equip them to become mature and ministering disciples of Christ and send them out to leverage their lives for the glory of God.
Gather: We desire to gather students around Christ in worship, prayer, and bible study.
Equip: We desire to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-12) We equip them by teaching them to Love God, Love His Word, Love His People, and to Love the Lost.
Send: We know that many of the students and young adults will leave Canyon to live in other places. Whether they stay or go we desire to send them out ready to leverage their lives for God’s glory in their city and among the nations.
For more information regarding our university ministry, contact Drew Taylor at email@example.com or Emily Hinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are several ways for you to get involved:
- We gather together for worship service on Sunday mornings at 9:00 am and 10:30 am. (1717 4th Ave.)
- We gather together on Wednesday night for Discipleship Classes at 6:30 pm. This semester there will be two classes: Bible Study in 1 Samuel and How to Read the Bible. These classes are intergenerational so that you might build relationships and learn from older Christians (Christian Learning Center Building 2nd floor)
- After Discipleship Classes on Wednesday nights around 7:45 pm we will meet in the University room. We rotate weeks between hanging out and having a discussion on Theology and Culture.
- Sunday nights, girls meet for Bible Study at 7:00 pm at the FBC Canyon Intern House. (1712 2nd Ave.)
- For guys Bible study and discipleship contact Drew Taylor at email@example.com.
This semester we will also have monthly events but are still working on details due to COVID-19. To keep up to date follow us on Instagram (fbc_canyon_univeristy) or join our GroupMe (https://groupme.com/join_group/45986749/otxDDe).