Our desire is to gather university students and young adults around Jesus Christ in the local church to equip them to become mature and ministering disciples of Christ and send them out to leverage their lives for the glory of God.
Gather: We desire to gather students around Christ in worship, prayer, and bible study.
Equip: We desire to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-12) We equip them by teaching them to Love God, Love His Word, Love His People, and to Love the Lost.
Send: We know that many of the students and young adults will leave Canyon to live in other places. Whether they stay or go we desire to send them out ready to leverage their lives for God’s glory in their city and among the nations.
For more information regarding our university ministry, contact Drew Taylor at email@example.com
If you would like to subscribe to our text group to receive updates about the ministry, please send @fbcuniv to 81010.
We offer three main gatherings for university students.
- We gather together for corporate worship service on Sunday mornings at 10:30. We sit together in service; so if you are coming to our worship service for the first time, you won’t feel alone.
- We gather together on Sunday mornings at 9:15 before corporate worship in the university and young adult room.
- We gather together on Sunday nights at 7:00 to eat and study God’s word in homes in the Canyon area
This semester we will also have an event or outreach on Tuesday nights:
- Faith and Film – We will learn how to critical examine movies for worldview and redemptive stories.
- Worship and Prayer – We will spend time in worship and prayer for West Texas, the nations, and each other.
- Book Study – We will read a book that will help us address a particular area of our lives.