Our desire is to connect university students and young adults to Jesus Christ and to the local church, equip them to become mature and ministering disciples of Christ, and send them out to leverage their lives for the glory of God.
Connect: We desire to connect unbelievers to the gospel of Jesus Christ by sharing the saving power of His life, death, and resurrection. We also desire to connect believing university students and young adults to the local church.
Equip: We desire to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-12) We equip them by teaching them to Love God, Love His Word, Love His People through the Local Church, and to Love the Lost.
Send: We know that many of the students and young adults will leave Canyon to live in other places. Whether they stay or go we desire to send them out ready to leverage their lives for God’s glory in their city and among the nations.
For more information regarding our university ministry, contact Drew Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to subscribe to our text group to receive updates about the ministry, please send @fbcuniv to 81010.
We offer three main gatherings for university students.
- We gather together for corporate worship service on Sunday mornings at 10:30. We sit together in service; so if you are coming to our worship service for the first time, you won’t feel alone.
- We gather together on Sunday mornings at 9:15 before corporate worship in the university and young adult room.
- We gather together on Sunday nights at 7:00 to eat and study God’s word in homes in the Canyon area
This semester we will also have an event or outreach on Tuesday nights:
- Faith and Film – We will learn how to critical examine movies for worldview and redemptive stories.
- Worship and Prayer – We will spend time in worship and prayer for West Texas, the nations, and each other.
- Snack Pak – We will go help serve at Snack Park on the third Tuesday of every month.
- Book Study – We will read a book that will help us address a particular area of our lives.